Our relationship with you is based on trust. It is our policy to give you a private web browsing experience. For this reason, we do not require that you give us any information about yourself when you are browsing the site.
At the checkout area of our site, you will be required to register with us. At this point we do collect personal information about you. This information can identify you and includes details such as your name, mail address and email address. It is used to fulfil product orders and to respond to enquiries. This information is passed from your browser to our secure server using 128-bit encryption technology which is the highest level possible. The information is held in our secure database.
We may contact you either by post, email or telephone; primarily as customer service following up on any issues with an order or to answer any questions you may have. We will not send you any marketing or promotional emails unless you agree to it, when registering with the site. We will not pass on your e-mail address to any other company for marketing purposes.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
Our data collection and storage is governed by the rules of the UK data protection act and associated legislation.
There are only four circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company (our data records are part of our business).
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- When you first made contact with Data Discs you were asked if you were happy to receive mailings and offers from third party companies whose products we thought might interest you. If you did not object at the time, but have now changed your mind and no longer want third party mailings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Right to Access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact us and we will confirm your personal data via e-mail.
Right to Portability:
Whenever we process your personal data (either by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement) you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to Rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if they are incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. If you have registered an account with us, then you can edit your personal data in your account.
Right to Erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by us at any time except for in the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with us, regardless of the payment method
- if you have misused or are suspected of misusing our services within the last four years
- if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping and accounting purposes
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- following the instruction found at the bottom of any of our marketing mails
- by editing the settings of your Data Discs account (if you have registered an account)
You have the right to request that we restrict the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- if you object to a legitimate process, we shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- if you have a claim that your personal data is incorrect, we must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
- if we no longer need the personal data but it is required for your to make of defending legal claims.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore we have dedicated customer service personnel who handles your requests in relation to your rights stated above. You can always reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER:
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure that we continuously process your personal data in an open, accurate and legal manner. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com and write DPO as subject matter.
PRIVACY NOTICE - DIRECT MARKETING
Why do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data to send you release updates and information, company information, marketing offers, information surveys and invitations through e-mails.
In order to optimize your experience of Data Discs we will provide you with relevant information, recommend products, send you reminders of products left in your shopping bag and send you personalized offers. All these great services are based on your previous purchases, what you have clicked on and information you have submitted to us.
What types of personal data do we process?
We will process following categories of personal data
- contact information such as e-mail address, telephone number and postal code
- what products and offers you have clicked on
If you have a Data Discs account we will also process your personal data submitted in relation to the account and membership such as
- shopping history
- how you navigated and clicked on the site
Who has access to your personal data?
Data that is forwarded to third parties is only used to provide you with the service mentioned above, to media agencies and technical suppliers for distribution of digital direct marketing. We NEVER pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties.
What is the legal ground to process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is based on your consent when you agree to direct marketing.
Your right to withdraw your consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time and object to direct marketing. If you do so, then Data Discs won't be able to send you any further direct marketing offers or information based on your consent.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
- following the instruction at the bottom of each marketing email
- by editing the settings of your Data Discs account
How long do we save your data?
We will keep your data for direct marketing until you withdraw your consent.
We do not store your personal information through cookies or any of your payment information. So if you come back to the site at another time, the site will still have your basket information but not any of your personal information.